Sunday, December 30, 2007

UFC 79 NEMESIS

It may just be the overall experience of watching the event in a bar with a bunch of other fight fans but I must say this is probably the best UFC event I have ever seen. The cards were great and the main events were fucking amazing! I may have called a few fights wrong but I don't care. I'm a fan I just want to see a great fight.
In the main events I called one fight wrong and one right, which is no big deal because they were both amazing fights and my hero GSP dominated his fight.

Chuck beat Silva in a unanimous decision, and I know what your thinking "they must have been lazy to make it to a decision", No they were both amazing. They kicked the shit out of each other (misleading statement as most of the damage was done via devastating punches). They went toe to toe for most of the fight and in the end Chuck pulled it out as he landed far more consistently and had Silva hurt many times. Props to both men for an outstanding battle!

In GSP's fight he did exactly what I hoped he would do, beat Hughes on the ground. A definitive message to the MMA world since Hughes is supposed to be the best Wrestler in the sport. GSP not only defended every attempt Hughes made at taking him down but he also took Hughes down at will. He even made a few truly spectacular slams and trips. Once on the ground Gsp was unstoppable, hitting Hughes with flurries of elbows and punches then he finished him off about midway through round two with a sick arm bar.

Well that's how the main events went, as far as I'm concerned the undercards were quite good too. Most of the undercard fights featured Fighters I had never seen(two of them were newcomers to MMA and a few were just starting in the UFC). The two fighters I recognized were Melvin Gulard and Eddie Sanches. Melvin got submitted but over all preformed well, Eddie's fight was a little less interesting but he fought well and got a TKO victory.

Those are my thoughts on the event, see ya later...I'm out (I have to think of a new catch phrase,maybe I'll make a new poll)

2 comments:

AJ said...

Cheers to the fights!!
was a GREAT night.. much respect to
Chuck, as well as Wanderlei... two great athletes! as for GSP - he is just Bad Ass :)

Nightmare said...

It really was a great night, the iceing on the cake was when GSP won the entire bar started singing Oh Canada, it was really amzing. I'm a sucker for patriotism :) It really was one of the best events in a long time